All lectures and lecture material will be recorded and deployed to this web site for student access.
Hiroshi Tanaka, PhD
Department of Bioinformatics
Medical Research Institute Tokyo Medical and Dental University
Topic: Omics-based medicine and systems pathology
- • Tanaka H. Omics-based medicine and systems pathology. A new perspective for personalized and predictive medicine. Methods Inf Med. 2010;49(2):173-85.
• Shimokawa K et al. iCOD: an integrated clinical omics database based on the systems-pathology view of disease. BMC Genomics. 2010;11 Suppl 4:S19.
• Hase T et al. Structure of protein interaction networks and their implications on drug design. PLoS Comput Biol. 2009 Oct;5(10):e1000550.
Tanaka H., Omics-based medicine and systems pathology. A new perspective for personalized and predictive medicine. Methods Inf Med. 2010;49(2):173-85.
- PowerPoint Slides,
- Webinar Recording (Streaming)
- Webinar Recording (Download)
Akihiko Konagaya, PhD
Department of Computational Intelligence and Systems Science Graduate School of Science and Engineering Tokyo Institute of Technology Interdisciplinary
Topic:An Inverse Problem Approach to Personalized Medicine
- • Arikuma T et al. Drug interaction prediction using ontology-driven hypothetical assertion framework for pathway generation followed by numerical simulation. BMC Bioinformatics. 2008;9 Suppl 6:S11.
Hirokazu Takahashi, MD and Atsushi Nakajima, MD
Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine
Topic: Anti-diabetic drug Metformin as the promising chemopreventive agent for obesity related colorectal cancer.
- • Hosono K et al. Metformin suppresses colorectal aberrant crypt foci in a short-term clinical trial. Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010 Sep;3(9):1077-83.
• Hosono K et al. Metformin suppresses azoxymethane-induced colorectal aberrant crypt foci by activating AMP-activated protein kinase. Mol Carcinog. 2010 Jul;49(7):662-71.
• Tomimoto A et al. Metformin suppresses intestinal polyp growth in ApcMin/+ mice. Cancer Sci. 2008 Nov;99(11):2136-41.
• Fujisawa T et al. Adiponectin suppresses colorectal carcinogenesis under the high-fat diet condition. Gut. 2008 Nov;57(11):1531-8.
• Nakajima A et al. Molecular mechanisms linking adiponectin receptor signalling and cancer. The Open Obesity Journal. 2010;2:43-49.
Toshihisa Ishikawa, PhD
Omics Science Center RIKEN Yokohama Institute
Topic: Pharmacogenomics of human ABC transporters: From functional validation to clinical application
Mohamedo Abouelhoda, PhD
Center for Informatics Sciences Nile University
Topic: Workflow Systems and algorithms in NGS data analysis and personalized medicine pipelines.
Richard Haspel, MD, PhD
Department of Pathology
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Topic: Training Physicians in Genomic Medicine
- • Haspel RL et al. A call to action: training pathology residents in genomics and personalized medicine. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010 Jun;133(6):832-4.
• Haspel RL et al. A curriculum in genomics and personalized medicine for pathology residents. Am J Clin Pathol. 2010; 133: online supplement. Available from: http://ajcp.ascpjournals.org/site/misc/pdf/Haspel_online.pdf.
• Salari K. The dawning era of personalized medicine exposes a gap in medical education. PLoS Med. 2009 Aug;6(8):e1000138.